As use of the internet has grown, the web has also become more popular with scammers, identity thieves, and other cybercriminals. Threats to internet users have become widespread, and it is estimated that more than 3.5 million people fall victim to "phishing”—a type of online identity theft—each year in the United States alone.
Fortunately there is SSL, a standard solution for protecting sensitive information online. But there’s more to SSL than just basic safety. In this guide, you’ll learn about what SSL does, how it works, and how it can help build credibility online.
In this paper learn about:
- SSL: The Foundation of Web Security
- SSL Authentication
- How SSL Encryption Works
- What the User Experiences
- The Importance of Choosing the Right SSL Provider
- Taking Security to the Next Level: EV SSL
- Why EV SSL is important
- Getting SSL on your website
- Not all SSL is the Same